Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Dec 10 2013

Should parents abandon the "just say no" slogan of the Reagan era?

Parents should abandon the "just say no" slogan because telling a teen to just say no is like telling a dog to stop barking. In my opinion a teen is going to do what they want when they want to its just a matter of the parent knowing or not. If the parent talks to the child about drugs rather than just yelling and telling them to say no a lot more might get across,  for example if I didn't want my son in a gang I wouldn't tell him its a life that's going to get no where I would just ask questions like why do you want to be in a gang, what does it have to offer you, do you believe you'll have a better adult life with a gang or with school. Simply sitting down with a teen and conversing listening to why they want to do these things will accomplish more than just telling them what you want them to do.

No comments: